Thursday 4 June 2009

Strawberry Fields

Last year I bought some strawberry plants and they turned out to be a really good investment as we had quite a few strawberrys out of them and they were the most delicious I have ever eaten. This year they have come back even stronger. I also have a few wild strawberry plants, which are amazing. They are so tiny, but bursting with unbelieveable flavour.
At the beginning of the week, just a small cluster of many.
Photobucket

And today, one is starting to turn that lovely red.
Photobucket
It sounds a bit crazy but I get so excited to see their progress everyday. From the first buds, to flowers to the green fruit eventually turning red.

The wild strawberries journey so far.
At the beginning of the week.
Photobucket
Today.
Photobucket
These are taking longer to get going, but are definately worth the wait!

3 comments:

  1. Wow I have always wanted a strwaberry plant, I can't wait to go strawberry picking this summer! Lovely blog, love the pics. I'm growing a bell pepper, it is so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Deb! It really is exciting isn't it?! I don't think I would have believed myself a few years ago, but I really enjoy the feeling of growing my own things! -I must be getting old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like these close-ups too. We've never had any success with strawberries really but have had grapes and a few loganberries - plus lots of plums and apples. I've never tried photographing the fruit, though.....

    ReplyDelete